Feb 26, 2024
Associate in Science Degree
(60 Credit Hours)
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for employment in the field of marketing. This includes working as a marketing manager in small and medium-sized businesses, as a sales representative for a variety of businesses, working in the field of advertising and in management of retail establishments.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Using appropriate software prepare, manage and use business and financial information about business organizations to support decision making.
- Develop and demonstrate understanding and application of effective business communication; human resource; employability and strategic and organizational skills appropriate to business environments and social engagement.
- Identify, classify and demonstrate management activities appropriate to business environments that support and accommodate significant legal and ethical issues affecting sustainability and demonstrate their application in real world application.
- Participate in a capstone project.
General Education Courses
Subtotal Credit Hours: 15
Program Specialization Courses
Subtotal Credit Hours: 45
* Prerequisite may be required
This program will require some or all classes to be taken at one campus location. Contact the program director for specific details.
Articulated credit from a technical college/secondary school may be applicable. For more information click link: http://www.scf.edu/Academics/CareerTechnicalEducation/Career_Pthwys.asp
A related certificate also is offered. See Marketing  listing.
Required Courses and recommended Sequence: The following is a recommended sequence of courses for completing this program. Developmental courses and prerequisite course requirements, credit load, and/or course availability may affect a student’s individual progress. Course availability within the program sequences is specifically intended for full-time students who begin their course work with the fall semester. Students should always consult their online degree planner for the catalog year that they entered the college, and contact their program manager to better understand typical course availability and individual program planning.
Please follow link to: http://www.scf.edu/Academics/degree-pathways.asp