Oct 30, 2020
Associate in Science Degree
(60 Credit Hours)
2D Program Manager
3D Program Manager
Students enrolled in the A.S. in Studio Art Program will have a diverse general education background and a strong foundation in the studio arts. Upon completion of these requirements, students will select one of three disciplines in which to specialize. Students will also choose up to 12 elective credits within Art, Design, Humanities to round out their education. The three specializations include:
- 2D Studio Art - a discipline in which students interested in applying traditional mediums of art to the commercial field may utilize their skills in the fields of production art, mural and public art, art education, museum/gallery professionals, installations and design.
- Illustration - a discipline designed for those students utilizing technology in the art field and interested in pursuing careers in illustration (scientific, periodical, media, print), design, game design, animation and industrial design.
- 3D Studio Art - the technical application of the three-dimensional form. Career choices may be in mold making, production pottery, restoration, industrial sculpture, model making, prototyping, fixture and product designer.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Formulate and Apply concepts and theories in design, color and composition
- Demonstrate safe and efficient work practices and knowledge of current industry standards and techniques
- Create 2-Dimensional work based on traditional and digital techniques including printing and presentation
- Create 3-Dimensional work using traditional and contemporary techniques
- Create portfolio of work and promotional materials utilizing contemporary standards
- Apply critical thinking skills and critical analysis to final projects
General Education Courses
Subtotal Credit Hours: 21
Foundation Courses (All Specializations)
Subtotal Credit Hours: 15
Choose 9 credits (three courses) from the following options:
Three Specialization Choices - Choose 15 Credits from One Specialization:
2D Studio Art Specialization Courses
Illustration Specialization Courses
3D Studio Art Specialization Courses
Subtotal Credit Hours: 15
This program will require some or all classes to be taken at one campus location. Contact the program manager for specific details.
Articulated credit from a technical college/secondary school may be applicable. For more information click here: http://www.scf.edu/Academics/CareerTechnicalEducation/Career_Pthwys.asp.
Required Courses and recommended Sequence: The following is a recommended sequence of courses for completing this program. Developmental courses and prerequisite course requirements, credit load, and/or course availability may affect a student’s individual progress. Course availability within the program sequences is specifically intended for full-time students who begin their course work with the fall semester. Students should always consult their online degree planner for the catalog year that they entered the college, and contact their program manager to better understand typical course availability and individual program planning.
Please follow link to: http://www.scf.edu/Academics/degree-pathways.asp