Dec 04, 2022
(15 Credit Hours)
Dr. Doug Ford
941-752-5000, ext. 61501, Bradenton
This certificate is designed to prepare students for initial employment in the field of graphic design. The coursework will apply toward the A.S. Graphic Design Technology degree .
After successfully completing this program, the student will be able to perform the following:
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Perform raster and vector based illustration and graphic development.
- Formulate concepts/theories.
- Apply design theories.
- Demonstrate creative use of typography.
- Demonstrate production skills.
- Interpret printing processes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current industry standards, practices, and techniques.
- Interpret photographic procedures.
- Apply color theories.
- Demonstrate industry level presentation procedures.
- Utilize computer hardware, software, networks and peripherals for the production of electronic content.
- Create electronic content.
- Demonstrate employability skills.
This certificate will require some or all classes to be taken at one campus location. Contact the department for specific details.
Credit load, and/or course availability may affect a student’s individual progress.
Gainful employment information about this certificate is available at scf.edu/Academics/CareerTechnicalEducation/GEDT/.