Dec 03, 2020
(24 Credit Hours)
941-408-1300, ext. 65560, Venice
This certificate is designed to provide students with a foundation in interactive media techniques that may lead to entry level employment within the field of media production. The coursework will apply toward the A.S. Graphic Design Technology degree .
Specific Program Goals of the Certificate are:
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Demonstrate team skills.
- Demonstrate safe and efficient work practices.
- Perform raster and vector based illustration and graphic development.
- Formulate concepts/theories.
- Apply design theories.
- Demonstrate creative use of typography.
- Create advertising layouts.
- Demonstrate production skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current industry standards, practices, and techniques.
- Interpret photographic procedures.
- Apply color theories.
- Demonstrate industry level presentation procedures.
- Utilize computer hardware, software, networks and peripherals for the production of electronic content.
- Create electronic content.
- Demonstrate employability skills.
This program will require some or all classes to be taken at one campus location. Contact the department for specific details.
Students may enter the program upon completion of GRA 1100C - Introduction to Computer Graphics with a grade of “C” or better. This requirement may be waived if student can prove basic competency of the Adobe Create Suite via articulation, testing or portfolio review. Please contact program manager for specifics
Gainful employment information about this certificate is available at scf.edu/Academics/CareerTechnicalEducation/GEDT/.