Oct 02, 2023
Associate in Science Degree
(60 Credit Hours)
This program offers a sequence of courses that provides coherent rigorous content aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare for further education and careers such as cabling specialist, PC support technician, network control operator, data communications analyst, help desk specialist, network technician, computer security specialist, network specialist, network manager, network systems analyst, network systems technician, network troubleshooter, WAN/LAN manager or systems administrator.
The content includes, but is not limited to, how to plan, install, configure, monitor, troubleshoot and manage computer networks in a LAN/WAN environment. Students will be prepared to apply conceptual and theoretical knowledge to the workplace utilizing technical skills learned during the program.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic computer maintenance, support, and common operating system concepts and practices
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of networking
- Demonstrate an understanding of network system services implementation and monitoring
- Demonstrate an understanding of network configuration, maintenance, support, and troubleshooting
- Demonstrate fundamental proficiency in information security essentials
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic project management concepts and processes
- Demonstrate an understanding of planning for business continuity and high availability
- Demonstrate workplace readiness skills and proficiency in technical communication and workplace protocols
General Education Courses
Subtotal Credit Hours: 15
Program Courses (All Specializations)
Subtotal Credit Hours: 45
This program will require some or all classes to be taken at one campus location. Contact the program director for specific details.
Articulated credit from a technical college/secondary school may be applicable. For more information click here: http://www.scf.edu/Academics/CareerTechnicalEducation/Career_Pthwys.asp.
Related certificates are offered. See Network Security  , Network Server Administration  and Network Infrastructure  listings.
Required Courses and recommended Sequence: The following is a recommended sequence of courses for completing this program. Developmental courses and prerequisite course requirements, credit load, and/or course availability may affect a student’s individual progress. Course availability within the program sequences is specifically intended for full-time students who begin their course work with the fall semester. Students should always consult their online degree planner for the catalog year that they entered the college, and contact their program manager to better understand typical course availability and individual program planning.
Please follow link to: http://www.scf.edu/Academics/degree-pathways.asp