(30 Credit Hours)
This certificate is designed to prepare students for entry level employment within the field the information technology career cluster. This coursework will apply toward the A.S. Network Systems Technology degree .
This program offers a sequence of courses that provides coherent and rigorous content aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare for further education and careers in the Information Technology career cluster; provides technical skill proficiency, and includes competency-based applied learning that contributes to the academic knowledge, higher-order reasoning and problem-solving skills, work attitudes, general employability skills, technical skills, and occupation-specific skills, and knowledge of all aspects of the Information Technology career cluster.
The content includes but is not limited to instruction in computer literacy; software application support; basic hardware configuration and troubleshooting; networking technologies, troubleshooting, security, and administration; and customer service and human relations skills.
After completing this program, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in securing network infrastructures and protecting data.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing security penetration testing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in responding to cybersecurity incidents.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the essential elements of forensic analysis.
- Demonstrate employability skills