Oct 03, 2023
Associate in Science Degree
(60 Credit Hours)
The purpose of this program is to prepare the student for employment in the insurance field or to provide supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in the field.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Prepare and use financial information about business organizations to support decision making
- Manage business information using appropriate software
- Demonstrate effective business communication skills
- Evaluate business and financial information to support internal decision making
- Participate in work-based learning experiences
- Prepare governmental tax forms, including individual income tax, payroll tax, and sales tax• Consider the implications of professional values, ethics, and attitudes in business• Prepare or develop strategic or organizational skills
- Analyze various components of personal financial matters
General Education Courses
Subtotal Credit Hours: 15
Program Specialization Courses
Subtotal Credit Hours: 45
Articulated credit from a technical college/secondary school may be applicable. For more information click here: http://www.scf.edu/Academics/CareerTechnicalEducation/Career_Pthwys.asp.
Required Courses and recommended Sequence: The following is a recommended sequence of courses for completing this program. Developmental courses and prerequisite course requirements, credit load, and/or course availability may affect a student’s individual progress. Course availability within the program sequences is specifically intended for full-time students who begin their course work with the fall semester. Students should always consult their online degree planner for the catalog year that they entered the college, and contact their program manager to better understand typical course availability and individual program planning.
Please follow link to: http://www.scf.edu/Academics/degree-pathways.asp