Dec 05, 2023
Associate in Science Degree
(60 Credit Hours)
The graphic design technology program offers a curriculum based on a combination of basic design principles and the latest technology. Instruction is distributed between both print and Web design and their respective industry applications. Focus is placed on preparing the student for immediate employment in the field of graphic design.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication and collaboration skills and safe, efficient work practices
- Create raster-based and vector-based drawings and visual solutions
- Formulate concepts / theories demonstrating use of color and typography
- Apply marketing / advertising principles for effective visual communication
- Demonstrate knowledge of current standards, practices and techniques for production of electronic content
- Demonstrate appropriate usage of electronic media for self-promotion
General Education Courses
Subtotal Credit Hours: 15
Program Specialization Courses
Please consult the course description section of the Catalog for any prerequisites.
Subtotal Credit Hours: 45
Articulated credit from a technical college/secondary school may be applicable. For more information click here: http://www.scf.edu/Academics/CareerTechnicalEducation/Career_Pthwys.asp.
Required Courses and recommended Sequence: The following is a recommended sequence of courses for completing this program. Developmental courses and prerequisite course requirements, credit load, and/or course availability may affect a student’s individual progress. Course availability within the program sequences is specifically intended for full-time students who begin their course work with the fall semester. Students should always consult their online degree planner for the catalog year that they entered the college, and contact their program manager to better understand typical course availability and individual program planning.
Please follow link to: http://www.scf.edu/Academics/degree-pathways.asp