Dec 05, 2022
(15 Credit Hours)
This certificate is designed to prepare students for initial employment in the field of graphic design. The coursework will apply toward the A.S. Graphic Design Technology degree .
After successfully completing this program, the student will be able to perform the following:
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Perform raster and vector based illustration and graphic development.
- Formulate concepts/theories.
- Apply design theories.
- Demonstrate creative use of typography.
- Demonstrate production skills.
- Interpret printing processes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current industry standards, practices, and techniques.
- Interpret photographic procedures.
- Apply color theories.
- Demonstrate industry level presentation procedures.
- Utilize computer hardware, software, networks and peripherals for the production of electronic content.
- Create electronic content.
- Demonstrate employability skills.
This certificate will require some or all classes to be taken at one campus location. Contact the department for specific details.
Credit load, and/or course availability may affect a student’s individual progress.
Gainful employment information about this certificate is available at scf.edu/Academics/CareerTechnicalEducation/GEDT/.