Aug 11, 2022
Associate in Science Degree
(60 Credit Hours)
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for employment immediately after graduation to enter the accounting profession in a variety of positions.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Prepare and use financial information about business organizations to support decision making
- Manage business information using appropriate software
- Demonstrate effective business communication skills
- Evaluate business and financial information to support internal decision making
- Participate in work-based learning experiences
- Prepare governmental tax forms, including individual income tax, payroll tax, and sales tax
- Consider the implications of professional values, ethics, and attitudes in business
- Prepare or develop strategic or organizational skills
- Analyze various components of personal financial matters
General Education Courses:
Subtotal Credit Hours: 15
Program Specialization Courses
Subtotal Credit Hours: 45
* Prerequisite may be required
Articulated credit from a technical college/secondary school may be applicable. For more information click here: http://www.scf.edu/Academics/CareerTechnicalEducation/Career_Pthwys.asp.
A related certificate also is offered. See Accounting Applications  listing.
Required Courses and recommended Sequence: The following is a recommended sequence of courses for completing this program. Developmental courses and prerequisite course requirements, credit load, and/or course availability may affect a student’s individual progress. Course availability within the program sequences is specifically intended for full-time students who begin their course work with the fall semester. Students should always consult their online degree planner for the catalog year that they entered the college, and contact their program manager to better understand typical course availability and individual program planning.
Please follow link to: http://www.scf.edu/Academics/degree-pathways.asp