Mar 04, 2024
Associate in Science Degree
(60 Term Hours)
To prepare the student for employment in law enforcement, corrections and other public and private sector related fields.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Describe and discuss the criminal justice system including the courts, law enforcement and correction.
- Describe and discuss the principles of criminology.
- Identify criminal investigation procedure and how the U.S. Court System relates to the rules of evidence.
- Describe and discuss juvenile delinquency.
- Summarize law enforcement administration, the field of criminal law, and employability skills in these fields.
- Identify issues relating to human diversity in the criminal justice system.
General Education Courses
Subtotal Credit Hours: 15
Program Specialization Courses
Please consult the course description section of the Catalog for any prerequisites.
Subtotal Credit Hours: 45
This program is offered through SCF with articulation opportunities available through Sarasota County Technical Institute (SCTI) and Manatee Technical Institute (MTI). See Criminal Justice Program manager for advisement.
Students must take the Major Field Test for Criminal Justice as a requirement for graduation.
Articulated credit from a technical college/secondary school may be applicable. For more information click here: http://www.scf.edu/Academics/CareerTechnicalEducation/Career_Pthwys.asp
Required Courses and recommended Sequence: The following is a recommended sequence of courses for completing this program. Developmental courses and prerequisite course requirements, credit load, and/or course availability may affect a student’s individual progress. Course availability within the program sequences is specifically intended for full-time students who begin their course work with the fall semester. Students should always consult their online degree planner for the catalog year that they entered the college, and contact their program manager to better understand typical course availability and individual program planning.
Please follow link to: http://www.scf.edu/Academics/degree-pathways.asp