Dec 13, 2019
NOTE: Federal Financial Aid Eligibility Pending
(24 Credit Hours)
941-408-1300, ext. 65509 Venice
This certificate is designed to prepare students for entry level employment within the field the information technology career cluster. This coursework will apply toward the A.S. Network Systems Technology degree .
After successfully completing this program, the student will be able to perform the following:
- Demonstrate understanding of computer network maintenance and support.
- Demonstrate understanding of networking fundamentals.
- Demonstrate understanding of operating system concepts and practices.
- Demonstrate understanding of network security fundamentals.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the directory infrastructure and installation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of group policy.
- Demonstrate an understanding of implementing sites to manage active directory replication.
- Demonstrate an understanding of maintaining directory availability.
- Demonstrate how to install and deploy a server operating system.
- Demonstrate how to provide infrastructure services.
- Demonstrate how to provide file and print services.
- Demonstrate how to provide remote and wireless network access.
- Demonstrate how to monitor and maintain network servers and services.
- Demonstrate an understanding of securing data transmission and authentication.
- Demonstrate an understanding of planning for business continuity and high availability.
- Demonstrate workplace-readiness skills.
This program will require some or all classes to be taken at one campus location. Contact the program director for specific details.
Credit load, and/or course availability may affect a student’s individual progress.
Gainful employment information about this certificate is available at scf.edu/Academics/CareerTechnicalEducation/GEDT/.