Oct 01, 2020
(19 Credit Hours)
NOTE: Federal Financial Aid Eligibility Pending
Dr. Matthew Thomas, Director
941-408-1300, ext. 65624 Venice
This certificate designed to prepare students for employment as technicians who will work in a research laboratory or industrial setting. The coursework will apply toward the A.S. Biotechnology program . This hands-on program is designed to provide students with entry level skills for a number of common laboratory techniques encountered in research and industrial settings
Specific Goals of the Certificate are:
- Demonstrate communication skills
- Demonstrate safety skills
- Demonstrate basic laboratory skills
- Demonstrate regulatory compliance
- Demonstrate appropriate decision making and problem solving techniques
- Demonstrate specific Laboratory skills
- Demonstrate quality assurance/control
- Maintain facility and equipment.
General Education Courses
Subtotal Credit Hours: 10
Program Specialization Courses
Complete two of the three (4 credit hours) courses
This program will require some or all classes to be taken at one campus location. Contact the program director for specific details.
Credit load, and/or course availability may affect a student’s individual progress.
Gainful employment information about this certificate is available at scf.edu/Academics/CareerTechnicalEducation/GEDT/.