Nov 18, 2018
(21 Credit Hours)
NOTE: Federal Financial Aid Eligibility Pending
941-408-1300, ext. 65509 Venice
This certificate is designed to prepare students for entry level employment within the field the information technology career cluster. This certificate program is part of the Network Sysytems Technology AS degree program , and is aligned with the CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA) industry certification.
Specific Program Goals of the Certificate are:
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of computer networking.
- Demonstrate an understanding of routing concepts.
- Demonstrate router configuration skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of LAN design and concepts.
- Demonstrate VLAN configuration skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic wireless concepts and configuration.
- Demonstrate an understanding of wide area networks (WAN).
- Demonstrate Wide Area Network configuration skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of network security.
- Demonstrate an understanding of remote access.
- Demonstrate an understanding of IP Addressing Services.
- Demonstrate an understanding of network maintenance, support and troubleshooting.
This program will require some or all classes to be taken at one campus location. Contact the program director for specific details.
Credit load, and/or course availability may affect a student’s individual progress.
Gainful employment information about this certificate is available at scf.edu/Academics/CareerTechnicalEducation/GEDT/.