Jun 21, 2021
(18 Credit Hours)
941-752-5000, ext. 61417 Bradenton
This certificate is designed to prepare students for entry level employment within the career cluster of technology support. The coursework will apply toward the A.S. Engineering Technology degree .
After successfully completing this program, the student will be able to perform the following:
- Demonstrate an understanding of industrial processes and material properties.
- Generate and interpret computer-aided drawings.
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of electronics and electricity.
- Demonstrate an understanding of industrial safety, health, and environmental requirements.
- Demonstrate proficiently in the use of quality assurance methods and quality control concepts.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using tools, instruments and testing devices.
- Demonstrate basic troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrate appropriate communication skills.
- Demonstrate appropriate math skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of modern business practices and strategies.
- Demonstrate employability skills.
This program will require some or all classes to be taken at one campus location. Contact the program director for specific details.
Credit load, and/or course availability may affect a student’s individual progress.
Gainful employment information about this certificate is available at scf.edu/Academics/CareerTechnicalEducation/GEDT/.