|Student ID:__________________________ Student Name:_______________________ Adviser Name:_______________________||Catalog: 2017-2018 Catalog Program: Nursing Transition Program (Articulated to B.S. Degree)  Minimum Credits Required:__________________|
Nursing Transition Program (Articulated to B.S. Degree) 
Associate in Science Degree (Articulated to B.S. Degree)
(72 Credit Hours)
Debra Marr, R.N., M.S.N.
Graduates of the program are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) to become licensed as a registered nurse.
The Nursing Program is approved by the Florida Board of Nursing and is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) located at 3343 Peachtree Rd., NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326. ACEN’s phone number is (404) 975-5000. www.acenursing.org
Transition Program for Licensed Practical Nurses
The Associate in Science (A.S.) in Nursing Transition Program is specifically for qualified Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN). It is designed for the LPN who demonstrates current knowledge and skills so that advanced standing may be attained without unnecessary duplication of course content and experiences. Upon successful completion of the transition course (NUR 2703C), a ten (10) credit hour course, students will be given advanced placement credit for the first year of the Associate in Science in Nursing (ASN) Program and will enter into the sophomore year.
Program Entrance Requirements (Prerequisites - application requirements)
1. A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 or better in the following prerequisite courses, and successful completion of a nursing entrance test at the required level, are required to make an application to the Nursing Program.
BSC 2085C - Anatomy and Physiology I (4 Credit Hours)
Additional General Academic Requirements
2. In addition to the program entrance requirements (prerequisites and testing), students are strongly encouraged to complete as many as possible of the general academic requirements, listed below, PRIOR to entry into the A.S. in Nursing Program to ease their academic load. An overall and cumulate GPA of 2.75 or better is required in prerequisite and additional general academic courses. A grade of “C” or better is required for all coursework for the A.S. in Nursing Program.
Additional General Academic Courses:
ENC 1102 - Written Communication II (3 Credit Hours)
3. The following are additional requirements for entry into the LPN Transition program:
4. A completed Nursing Transition Program application, with the appropriate fee, submitted during the posted application period. Dates are posted at scf.edu/Nursing. A separate application is required for admission to the College.
Upon acceptance, the following are required:
The LPN Transition Program is offered Summer and Fall terms if enrollment permits. The program is a limited enrollment program with a selective admission process that is based upon the student’s GPA and completion of prerequisite (including testing) and additional general academic courses.
Any student who has been convicted, had adjudication withheld, or has criminal charges pending other than a minor traffic violation will need to obtain approval from the Florida Board of Nursing (or another state’s board) for permission to take the licensure examination upon completion of the SCF A.S. in Nursing Program.
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Term Taken||Grade||Gen Ed|
|NUR 2703C - Nursing Transition *||(10 Credit Hours)|
|NUR 2731C - Nursing Practice III||(10 Credit Hours)|
|NUR 2732C - Nursing Practice IV||(10 Credit Hours)|
|NUR 2813 - Nursing Seminar||(2 Credit Hours)|
Subtotal Credit Hours: 32
Total Credit Hours: 42 **
* NUR 2703C - Nursing Transition, is taken in lieu of NUR 1023C - Nursing Practice I and NUR 1730C - Nursing Practice II.
** The LPN transition student is awarded an additional 10 credit hours upon successful completion of the Nursing Program.
Applications and additional information are available on the Nursing website: scf.edu/Nursing.
For RN to B.S.N. information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: This A.S. program follows state-approved requirements for articulation into one or more state university B.S. degree programs and may require additional courses.
The ASN to BSN “Fast Track” program is designed for qualified SCF ASN students who would like to obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). This program track allows SCF ASN students the opportunity to earn credits toward the Bachelor of Science degree in nursing (BSN) while enrolled in the ASN program. For additional information contact the BSN Coordinator at RN2BSN@scf.edu