May 21, 2018
Bachelor of Applied Science
(120 Credit Hours)
Dr. Mara Casado, Co-Director
941-408-1300, ext. 65482 Venice
Dr. Amy Santos, Co-Director
941-408-1300, ext. 65511 Venice
Program Description and Goal
The Bachelor of Applied Science in Technology Management Program is designed to help the student develop the skills needed to enhance business competitiveness by leveraging information technology, assessing the impact of technology advances on business, and interacting effectively with executive management as a strategic business partner. To gain the best results for an organization’s productivity and success, the student develops and is able to apply leadership skills most suited to working with people in a variety of technology functions and projects. Employment opportunities for program graduates include managerial positions in a variety of fields, including computer and information systems, higher education, manufacturing, purchasing, local government, transportation, storage and distribution, logistics, engineering and construction.
‡ Degrees/programs will require a separate application and acceptance notification from the specific department before enrollment in the desired program.
- A 2.0 GPA on a scale of 4.0;
- Completion of at least 45 hours. Included in this must be ENC 1101 and MAT 1033 (or a course at that same or higher level).
Technology Management Program Requirements
Lower/Upper Level Electives: 38 Credit Hours (23 lower level/15 upper level)
Any A.A. elective over and above A.A. general education requirements. To meet the requirement of A.A. elective, any course that has (A.A.) after the course title in the catalog course description or any of the following course prefixes: APA 1111 , CET, CGS, CIS, COP, CTS (23 credits)
Choose five courses from the list below (15 credits)
Lower/Upper Level Core Courses: 46 Credit Hours (22 lower level/24 upper level)
Graduation Requirements for Bachelor's Degrees
The following general requirements for graduation from SCF must be met by all candidates for the Bachelor of Applied Science and Bachelor of Science degrees. Additional requirements may exist for individual programs.
- Students must satisfactorily complete 120 credit hours. For residency purposes, a minimum of 30 credit hours required for graduation must be completed at SCF. All other specific degree requirements also must be met. Developmental education (formerly college preparatory) instruction may not be counted toward fulfilling the total number of credit hours required for residency purposes or graduation.
- For purposes of conferring the bachelor’s degree, students must complete at least 30 credit hours of courses numbered 3000 level or above. Of these, at least 15 credit hours must be taken at SCF.
- Students must achieve a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher on a 4 .0 scale for all work completed at SCF and a 2.0 grade point average or higher for combined coursework with SCF that includes all transferable credits.
- Students must earn a grade of C or better in all upper division program requirements.
- Students must complete the general education requirements (36 credit hours) as defined in the Associate in Arts degree. Students who transfer to SCF with either an Associate in Arts degree or a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution are considered to have met the general education component of the degree. Courses will be reviewed for equivalency for students who transfer without an Associate in Arts or bachelor’s degree.
- Students must have completed Florida’s foreign language requirement prior to the completion of the bachelor’s degree. Students may meet this competency by: A) successful completion of two years (four semesters) of the same foreign language officially documented on a high school transcript; or B) successful completion (grade C or better) of two semesters of the same foreign language at a college or university officially documented on a college/university transcript; or C) education completed outside the United States as documented on an official foreign high school transcript that reflects a primary language other than English; D) or Successful completion of two foreign language equivalents through Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), International Baccalaureate (IB), Cambridge Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE), or UEXCEL exams. One or more of these exams can be in combination with successful completion of college/university credit in the same foreign language subject area. Official transcripts from a high school, college and/or university and/or official examination results must be submitted to the educational records office.
- For students wishing to pursue another bachelor’s degree, the student must complete a minimum of 15 additional credit hours beyond the first bachelor’s degree as well as any other degree requirements and graduation requirements listed above for the second program.
SCF reserves the right to make changes in the regulations, offerings, requirements and any provisions announced in this Catalog at any time as circumstances require.