Dec 16, 2017
Associate in Science Degree
(77 Credit Hours)
941-408-1300, ext. 65245 Venice
The Radiography Program combines didactic and clinical education to prepare the graduate for a career as a radiographer. Graduates of the program are eligible to take the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists National Examination to become a registered radiographer. The radiography program is fully accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT). Questions regarding the program’s accreditation may be directed to the JRCERT at www.jrcert.org, via mail to 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, Illinois 60606-2901 or by telephone (312) 704-5300.
Program Entrance Requirements
- Earned grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or better on ALL general education courses required by the program toward the degree and a minimum overall GPA of 2.0 to meet graduation requirements.
- Satisfactory completion of any remedial coursework needed to be eligible for college level courses.
NOTE: Prerequisite courses may be required for ENC 1101 and mathematics requirement. These prerequisite courses MUST be taken PRIOR to entry into RTE 1002 to be eligible to take the required courses. Consult the course descriptions in the Catalog or the specific department of the College for additional information.
- Prerequisite courses MUST be completed with a grade of “C” or better by the end of the Fall term prior to the year in which the applicant is applying.*
BSC 2085C - Anatomy and Physiology I
Mathematics Choose from Area II, A.S.
- A minimum grade of “C” is required for all courses applied to the radiography degree.
- A completed application for the Radiography Program and the nonrefundable application fee of $20. (A separate application is required for admission to the College.)
- Verification of attendance at a Radiography Program information session. Please refer to the program’s Web page for dates of the information sessions (scf.edu/Radiography).
Upon acceptance, the following are required:
- A statement of satisfactory physical and mental health from a licensed physician or nurse practitioner. (Form to be provided.)
- Background checks, fingerprinting, CPR certification, and health and drug screenings to meet local health care agency regulations. Based on the results of these checks and screenings, students may become ineligible for program admission. Continuation in the program is based on acceptable results from random/ongoing screenings and background checks. Clinical facilities may limit or prohibit students with positive drug screen results or criminal histories from participating in clinical experiences, thus making the student ineligible to continue in the program. Students are responsible for all fees incurred with these checks and screenings.
- Successful completion of the Basic Life Support for the Health Care Provider course offered through the American Heart Association.
- Mandatory attendance at the program orientation and completion of the one-day clinical observation experience.
* Students are admitted to the Radiography Program once a year with classes beginning in the Summer term. This is a limited enrollment program. Completion of all or part of the general academic courses required for the degree does not guarantee acceptance into the program. However, priority is given to applicants who have completed the most required hours of coursework toward the degree by the end of the Fall term preceding the year for which the applicant is applying. If there are more qualified applicants than seats available in the program, the primary criteria for selection is the GPA of the general education courses required by the program. The secondary selection criteria is the overall college GPA.
For additional program and admission information, check the website at scf.edu/Radiography.
General Academic Courses
Students are encouraged to complete as many as possible of the general academic courses listed below PRIOR to entry into the Radiography Program.
Subtotal Credit Hours: 20
Subtotal Credit Hours: 57
Please refer to the Radiography Program’s website at scf.edu/Radiography for the most current program information.
* This course MUST be taken PRIOR to entry into RTE 1002 .
This program will require some classes to be taken at one campus location. Contact the department for specific details.