Feb 22, 2018
Associate in Science Degree
(62-63 Credit Hours)
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for employment in the areas of specialization for these job titles:
- Computer Programming and Analysis: entry level programmer, programming specialist, program analyst, system analyst trainee;
- Information Technology Support Specialist: microcomputer hardware support specialist, consultant or trainer, hardware or software salesperson, technical support specialist, Web master, Web designer;
- Network Administration and Security: network technician, network manager, network analyst, network engineer, network administrator, security specialist, telecommunication specialist, network support technician, Cisco field-support technician.
Program Entrance Requirements
To be admitted to the Computer Information Administrator Program, a student must have:
- Achieved a level of mathematics proficiency which qualifies the student for entry into MAC 1105 or higher, as demonstrated by the standard placement criteria currently in use at State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota (SCF);
- Achieved a level of English and reading proficiency which qualifies the student for entry into ENC 1101 or higher, as demonstrated by the standard placement criteria currently in use at SCF; and
- Successfully completed Computer Information Systems (CGS 1000 ) with a grade of “C” or better.
Academic Core Courses: All Specializations**
Subtotal Credit Hours: 43
Subtotal Credit Hours: 19-20
Total Credit Hours: 62-63
* Prerequisite may be required.
** A grade of “C” or better must be attained for all courses for this degree/specializations.
+ Students may elect to earn an SCF A.A.S. degree if they complete MAT 1033 or MAD 2104 in place of the A.S. degree program’s minimum mathematics requirement. Note: The Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree currently is being reviewed at the state level with the probability that it will no longer be available effective Fall 2013.
Articulated credit from a technical institute/secondary school may be applicable. Contact the SCF director of career and technical education for more information.
A related certificate also is offered. See certificate listing.